Sunday, June 15, 2008

I can’t express my feelings says heroic Mukhthaar


Colombo, MALDIVES - Mukhthaar Naseer, who scored the decisive goal against India last night, was jubilant after the win and said this is the happiest moment of his life.

“I don’t know how to express my feelings. This is the happiest moment of my life” He said to maldivesoccer.com at Maldives’ team’s dressing room after the final match.

Mukhthaar, an important player in Valencia’s squad, had a superb season last year claiming the best player award of Cup Winners Cup and included among the top five players of the season. That were the main reasons for his inclusion in the national squad and he proved his worthiness.

Mukhthaar further added that he had given decisive assists in local tournaments to score the winning goals in finals and semi finals but the feeling he had after scoring the winning goal against India was completely different.

In an interview given to Television Maldives after the final match, He said: “Before the game starts, I though myself how nice it would be if I score the winning goal”

Messages of praise from every corner of the country is now addressing to the national team, especially Mukhthaar for his wonderful goal.
Maldives beat India 1-0 to become the regional champions for the first time. Maldives duo Ali Ashfaag and Ibrahim Fazeel were named as best player of the tournament and top scorer respectively.

maldivesoccer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment